Part 2 of my summer shoe trend roundup features my favorite shoe of the season – platforms! (see part 1 here.)
Platforms are by far the most comfortable way to add a little height and they happen to be everywhere at the moment. I’m loving flatforms, 70’s inspired sandals, and clogs. Yes, clogs! Love them or hate them, they seem to be one of those shoes that comes back around every few years or so. Read on for my top platform shoe choices.
1. Steve Madden Lavii – yes, please to wood platforms and stud detailing on these retro inspired sandals! I snagged these a few weekends ago at Nordstrom* and have been finding various ways to incorporate them into my daily wear. The nude color is perfect as well for giving the illusion of longer legs.
2. Sigerson Morrison Cosie – combining espadrilles with a flatform silhouette, I am loving these wrap around yellow sandals (worn here). Available in other colors as well, but I personally find the brightness of the yellow to be the most fun : ).
3. Jeffrey Campbell Aldona – add some flare to your outfit by pairing these heeled mules with cropped jeans or denim shorts.
4. Dolce Vita Melina – the wooden sole and neutral colored straps make these the perfect everyday sandal to wear. These will go with everything in your closet, and I can attest for the quality of Dolce Vita shoes.
5. Stuart Weitzman Real Deal – if you’re looking for shoes to splurge on, Stuart Weitzman is my go-to designer for classic styles that last forever. I love them in the “Haze” or “Camel” suede, but you can’t go wrong.
*Shopping Tip – many retailers will price match items. I do 99% of my shopping online, which makes it very easy to do a fast price comparison, but in this particular instance I happened to be in an actual store. I highly suggest finding the product name (usually listed on the shoe box) and looking it up quickly on Google. I was able to get these shoes marked down from $100 to $60 just by showing the sales associate the cheaper link! Nordstrom is amazing about this (seriously, best customer service ever!!) but many other retailers will price match as well, so always check their policies online or ask nicely in store!