Happy Friday, everyone! What are your plans for the weekend? I’m still having post-Coachella desert and music withdrawals, so I will be at home, by the pool, relaxing and catching up on sleep and work. I received a lot of comments and questions about my Coachella outfits, so I will be doing a full post on them sometime next week. Today, we’re talking about one of my favorite prints at the moment… this palm print!
If you haven’t noticed by now, I love wearing prints. Palm leaf prints have been popping up everywhere lately – and I firmly believe you don’t have to be on a tropical vacation to wear them. I actually bought this dress last year when two of my favorite clothing brands, For Love and Lemons and Urban Outfitters did a cute little collab. This dress is full of little details I love – flouncy sleeves, side cutouts, and an open back. I always look for these types of details when I shop to keep basic pieces like sundresses interesting.
Although I wore this outfit during my trip to Thailand last year, it works just as well at home in LA. I’ll typically swap out the straw hat I’m wearing here for one made of felt/wool when I’m not on vacation, but do whatever floats your boat! I for one am all for hats – anything to shade me and save my skin from the sun!!
Even though this dress is no longer available online (sad face) there are tons of cute palm print options available – check out some of the frond pieces I’m coveting at the moment and let me know if any of them catch your eye!
When it comes to Reformation, Man Repeller summed up my feelings best. Everything in the store right now is just too good. The Reformation collection is one of the few brands that makes me want to spend my entire paycheck in one place.
I rarely make impulse buys, but this dress had to make its way home with me after I stopped by the Reformation store on Melrose a few weeks ago. What I love most about Ref’s designs is how they last for seasons – I plan on wearing this wrap dress with a deep V for years to come.
It turns out there’s a reason why they call it the “golden hour” – the sun about to set into the horizon casts the most beautiful golden glow on everything it touches.
You’ll see me wearing this dress all summer. Shop my favorite sundress picks below and let me know which one is your fave below :).
Sometimes you just need to get out of the city… one of the best parts of LA is the fact that you’re never really that far from a complete change of scenery. A couple of hours can easily take you to the beach, wine country, mountains, or the desert.
I live walking distance to Runyon Canyon, one of LA’s most beloved “hiking” trails (I use the term “hiking” lightly here, as my more hardcore outdoor enthusiast friends tend to look down upon Runyon, haha). Instead of panicking when I found out the park would be closed for renovations until July, I viewed it as an opportunity to brave traffic and get outside of the three-mile radius I call home.
A quick drive outside of the city led to me to these beautiful trails, with gorgeous mountain views and paths filled with wildflowers. Note to self: step outside of your comfort zone more often.
And now I know why they call it the golden hour.
The sun setting into the mountains cast the most beautiful glow on the trails. The past few weeks have been non-stop go, go, go – and I was admittedly beginning to feel run down and sick. If you’re ever having a long week or feeling stressed out, I’ve found that getting back in touch with nature does wonders for your mental health.
Speaking of getting out of the city, I’m off to Indio today for Coachella. Off the shoulder tops, shorts, and chokers are definitely among the essentials I packed. Are you planning on attending? If so, hope to see you in the fields!
Let’s be honest, getting to the gym itself is an accomplishment. Looking cute while you sweat is an added bonus.
The athleisure trend has been going strong for years and is here to stay. After all, who knows where you might go after your pilates or spin class? I’ve rounded up my favorite fitness picks of the moment to make your transition from gym to errands as flawless as possible.
1. Mesh Hoodie– breathable layers are the best to throw on after a sweaty workout session, especially when the seasons are transitioning. Love that this one is mesh and perfect for showing off your sports bra or top underneath.
2. Essential Sports Bra– find a sports bra you love and buy it in every color. I love the fun back details on this one, but make sure you find one that provides the right support!
3. Cute Sneaks – I don’t recommend running in Nikes, especially if you’re like me and have high arches – hello IT band/knee pain! You’ll most likely need more support for your feet and it’s best to get fitted at a specialty store for running shoes. However, I do love Nikes for running errands, going to-and-from the gym, and with your favorite casual outfits.
4. Water Bottle– be green, use a reusable water bottle. This one is sleek and will keep your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot. Drink up!
5. Gym Bag – I’m all about the prints! This bag is large enough to carry all your gym essentials and have you going to and from in style.
6. Printed Leggings – I looked in my closet the other day and sifted through a sea of black leggings. I love all things marble and have my eye on these leggings.
Have you come across any fitness finds recently you’d like to share? Please tell, I’d love to see!
Happy Monday everyone! Not every outfit I post to Instagram makes it onto my blog, so here’s a quick roundup of some recent outfits. Some of the items are sold out, I’ve done my best to link to similar products.
Also, for an easier way to shop my insta outfits, be sure to sign up for LiketoKnow.it. Here’s how it works:
1. Go to LiketoKnow.it and register your e-mail (you only need to do this once)
2. “Like” any of my Instagram photos with the hashtag #liketkit and you will receive an e-mail to your inbox with the direct links to the items I am wearing. I will usually try to include options at different price points as well.
And that’s it! Let me know if you have any questions – it’s a great tool to use, especially if you follow other bloggers and are interested in knowing where they bought their outfits.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@theluxilook) for outfit inspo and more! Happy Shopping!